- 1 FIID Rich Chana Masala
- 1tbps pomegranate seeds
- Fresh herbs, coriander and mint
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of Lemon and thyme Dorset salt
- 1 lime
For the pancakes
- 1cup chickpea flour
- 3/4cup boiling water
- Handful, fresh coriander leaves
- 1tbsp coconut oil
For the garlic coconut yogurt
- 125g coconut yogurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tpsp chopped coriander
- 2 garlic
- To prepare the pancakes add chickpea flour, water and coriander leaves to a blender and blend. If you feel the consistency is too thick add 1tbsp more water blend and check again, repeat if needed.
- Place all the ingredients for the garlic coconut yogurt into a bowl, mix together and season with salt to taste.
- Heat your Rich Chana Masala by following the directions on the back of pack.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add some of the coconut oil. Once oil is melted and the pan has come up to temperature. pour in half or a quarter of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for a few minutes, check it is ready to turn over once bubbles appear on top and peak underneath it by lifting with a spatula. Flip and cook for a few more minutes on the other side until cooked through.
- Slide onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter. Depending on the size of your pan will make 2 to 4 pancakes.
- Once ready to serve, top each pancake with your Rich Chana Masala and a dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with some herbs and pomegranate seeds and you can serve it with some salad if you like.